Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

NaPoWriMo Day 9: Incorrect Definitions

Safe

No one really dies
In the movies

A book is safe
Because
It is a time machine

I took a walk when
My teacher died, the
Shock
Of a long-expected phone call

Took a plane when
My grandma died
He said “Should I come?” I said
“I’m okay.”

I take
Shots
When I remember everyone else

Anger is domesticated
A carnivore
Kept close to our hearts
Sleek muscle under
Soft fur

I took a plane
That succession of
Images
Flashing behind my eyes

While I failed to sleep




Ages ago I found this website that mixed and matched words and definitions, so you'd end up with something like "Literature: to clasp tightly in the arms, especially with affection; embrace." So I read through a bunch until they inspired me. Dunno, not super happy with this one, but you do what you gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment