Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

NaPoWriMo Day 17: Many Days Late, No Dollars Short

My heart is stranded, an empty parking lot
and a flickering light, while
your eyes say a leaving I know I won’t survive

There are places where everything changes; others where everything stops
finding the difference
is critical

We met in a summer classroom
weeks behind, wondering
where the teachers had gone

Our footsteps echoing
Right place, wrong time
Right wrong, place time
Or was it the other way around?

I leave you these things that are inessential
A heart, a memory, a playground at night
I am lighter, drifting
       floating away
                  like dandelion seeds in the breeze




I am. So. Behind. I got sick and it just sapped all the strength and creativity out of me. I was just trying to Not Die From The Cold Of Death so anything above basic survival was noooot gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment