Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

NaPoWriMo Day 4: Sonnets and Dragons

Critical Iambs

We bravely ventured in, though danger loomed
a painting under moonlight showed the way
past monsters, clues, and doorways, we were doomed
to wander far beyond the light of day
Chameleon forms beyond what wisdom knew
stalked down the halls and, ignorant, we crept
across a bridge, and ever further through
this land of traps. When one among us stood
upon the stones of black and white he fell
into such fear that all seemed lost for good
the darkness of that godforsaken spell
Then one by one our heroes lost the way
I guess next time we'll just have to replay.



Notes: I'm tired and a bit sick so I decided to write a sonnet because I can usually force myself to write shitty form poetry so matter how little energy I have. Also yes it's about a DnD campaign. RIP Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment