Pages

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

NaPoWriMo Day 2: The Outline of the Thing

Just Out of View
It is sitting outside my door
waiting, an unwelcome house guest
visiting unexpectedly
tapping a tattoo on the wood
Let me in, let me in
This time
it will be better

It is sitting behind a screen
unseen, barely
a constellation of relation
fingers tip tapping down words
stop--next time
it will be better

It is living inside my gut
grasping hard onto lungs heart hands
a corseting of trepidation
Saying no, next time is never
Heart taptaptap against ribs
Rigid bones trying to crack
under pressure
Next time
it will be better

It must



Notes: The prompt for this was "describe one of your fears without naming it". Any guess? I went a little off script but I'm still describing something that plagues me on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment