Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

This Dustpan Gives Me +1 Artillery

I was attacked.

Improvised weaponry.

Okay let me explain. As you may be able to tell from the above photo, it snowed! We've had a couple brief flurries but this was the first, real, proper, Norman Rockwell white Christmas snow.

Gotta keep warm.


I let my 3rd period class out a bit early to enjoy the snow, because it's almost the end of the year and kids deserve a bit of time to run around like the maniacs they are. Mostly that seemed to involve a lot of snow-throwing, from the standard ball form to the full dust-pan AoE attack. Mostly I kept to the side, under cover as I was in my school shoes and was in possession of neither a hat nor a pair of gloves. Severely underprepared.

As I turned to go back into my blissfully warm classroom, I saw him-- a favorite student, a frenemy, but most of all-- a 16 year old boy in possession of a gigantic armful of snow. I was frozen in place. Our eyes locked. There was nothing I could do.

He sprinted toward me and before I had a chance to run away, dumped the LARGEST pile of snow I have ever seen a single person carry DIRECTLY on my head. For a moment I was too shocked to react, and as the snow started to drip off my nose, I saw him with the clearest "oh shit I just threw a snowdrift on a teacher I am so screwed" look. I thought about messing with him, but couldn't help but burst into joyful laughter and attempt to retaliate.

My biggest mistake was in forgetting that Han Gil is ON THE BASEBALL TEAM and I can't throw worth a damn. Well, I can throw HARD I just lack in accuracy. I did manage to get a decent bit of snow down the back of his coat by using stealth mode, but all in all he was the victor.

However, I can't honestly complain. Sure, my coat is still a bit damp and my hair looks a mess, but there's something so uncontrollably joyful about running around in the snow like a kid. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. If I've learned nothing else in my 27 years on this planet, I've learned to take pleasure in the smallest things, or in this case, the biggest pile of snow that has ever been thrown in my face.

Happy Holidays everyone~



No comments:

Post a Comment